Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Headboard!

So I have had in my head (for about 3 years) a plan to make an up-holstered headboard. I knew what I wanted it to look like I knew what colors I wanted. So one day just after Crate and Barrel opened in Southcenter my husband and I were just browsing around (of course I instigated the browsing) and I found this beautiful bench for the end of the bed, and I started to say "This is the kind of fabric I want for my hea..." As I turned around to tell Jon this, my jaw dropped because behind me was my headboard. Everything I wanted with a $1799.00 price tag! OUCH!



So I went about to find a way to making one for a cheaper price. We went to fabricland and found some nice neutral fabric but when I went home I discovered it didn't match my bedspread and bed skirt. That is how the re-upholstery of my chair started. The material was perfect downstairs with my couch and curtains. So the headboard project was on hold until we finished the chair, but we still had the issue of not having material. Then one night as I was looking at my bed skirt I said to myself I wish I had left over material from this (My mom made my Bed skirt too). Well I just happened to look at my mom's house and we had just barely enough to finish it. THANKS to Jonathan and My mom for all your help, and Dad and Brad too. Jonathan basically built the headboard for me and put on the tacks, and did a fantastic job! I love love love how it turned out and am so excited to make my bed everyday.









4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. Congrats to all for the great job they did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow all your hard work defintely paid off, it looks very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW can you guys come and make one for me too:) I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love projects like this!!!! You did a REALLY GREAT job!! Kristin Young

    ReplyDelete