Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Adventures with a 2 and a half year old

So yesterday I took Josh to the park and while I was sitting talking to a friend, Josh decided to run off. I started after him across the field but he got to the street before I could catch him (I can only go so fast being 8 months pregnant and all). There was a lady there with her kids and so she was keeping an eye on him. When I got over there I started to lecture him on going on the road with out mommy. Then the turkey wriggled loose from my hold and started to run on the road again. I grabbed for the hood of his coat just as a car was coming. Uhhhhhhhh!!! The car wasn't really close at all to Josh but it was safe to say that Mommies emotions where shot. I don't know who cried more, Josh because I took him home and gave him a time out or myself for the thought of him actually being hit. I have no idea how to get it through to him that he can not run or play on the road.

After I was finished crying I could barely walk my hips where hurting so much from running after the boy, which brings me to another point, I have another one coming in ONE MONTH.

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!

Am I really ready to handle two of Josh? Well I guess it is a little to late to question it but this summer is going to be interesting.


So next adventure or mishap I should say. Josh was outside with me this morning playing with his sandbox. We have a table sand box and Josh was starting to get bored so he decided that he should climb on to the box. I told him to get down right now because I didn't want him to break his sandbox. After a timeout threat he decides to jump out. Well his shoe got caught on the ledge and he fell right onto the sand covered pavement. Scraped his nose down to his month. His little lip is swollen, for some reason he wanted to put glue on it to make it feel better. Poor little boy.





Well on a happier and belated note, we had a nice easter and here are some pictures.



Josh had a great time painting eggs




Great picture of my toes, I know.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Poor josh! His little face looks all beat up! How's he doing?
    I totally feel ya with the running and pregnant thing - only I'm sure Corbin was slower at 1 1/2yrs then Josh is at 2 1/2 yrs old. I hope he gives you a break soon! :)
    I'm so excited to meet little baby Olsen! :) Sending good baby vibes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, Wow it's just amazes me how big this little boy has become. I remember fondly the monthly visits we would have and to see how much he had grown. He looks so sweet and a bit mischeivous!! Good luck in the last month of your pregnancy. Chris Parker

    ReplyDelete