Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My baby is Two and a half today (offically)

So today is the 26 of May, and Josh was born exactly (well by 10:45 tonight anyway) two and a half years ago. I can't believe all the changes that go on in a the first few years of life. Every day I am amazed by the things he does or says. Last Friday, I got Josh's hair cut, Kerri buzzed it! It is so short, and he looks so grown up. He was so upset as we were cutting it, and after we were finished he picked up a clump of hair and tried to put it back on. It was so cute. I am always a little sad every time I get his hair cute because it's almost like I am loosing more and more of his childhood, which is crazy, but how I feel. When Josh sees animals as we are out and about he often asks me "Where is the (puppies, ladybugs, ants) Mommy and Daddy?" I have tried to explain to him that when you get bigger you aren't always with your mommy and daddy. It's so sweet to me that he can't quite figure that out because his whole world is his family. (I am so crying right now). One of Josh's favorite songs is "Happy Family" in which we always sing the verse about Grandma and Grandpa, because he loves them so so much! I am so grateful that both my parents and Jon's parents have such a great relationship with Josh, and especially myself. It is such a blessing to have their love, guidance, encouragement and support 100% percent of the time! I can only hope and pray that I will be able to be that for Josh as he grows. So my ode to Josh has turned into an ode to my parents and Jon's as well, but I am truly grateful for all 5 of these individuals. (Jon are you feeling left out? Love you too!)

Well anyways I am now 5 days overdue and no baby brother for Josh, but it is only a matter of time. I am so excited to meet him and see how Josh changes in his new role as big brother. Hopefully it is sooner then later. MAYBE TODAY ! One can hope.

Here is the new Big Brother do, and not happy.

And some cute before pictures too.

3 comments:

  1. he is so cute but your right he does look really grown up with his hair cut

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute. Katie and Dallin have made up their own version of Happy Family and sing it at least a dozen times a day. I really like the last couple of pictures with the upside down sunglasses. Cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable! I'm sure he'll be a fun big brother :)

    ReplyDelete